Friday, February 10, 2012

I Hate 2/11

Strange date to hate right?

Such a stupid day, a day that I'll never be able to forget as long as I live. I will always remember where I was on that day.

Going to go way back to 2005. A day that got worse and worse as it went on.

Woke up late that day for work. Drove through Washington DC traffic or should I say I sat on the freeway for two and a half hours to drive a total of 4 miles because there was an accident on the OTHER side of the freeway. Normal crappy day at work that I cannot talk about due to clearance issues. A 4 hour 4 mile drive home because you guessed it traffic. Got home and found my ex-wife sitting in her normal spot (that being her ass) no supper ready, her kids god knows where and puppy shit all over the floor because well it was easier for me to clean it up then taking the dog outside.

So yeah after an 8 hour work shift, and 6 hours of driving I get home and have to do laundry and cook supper (and pick up dog mess). But hey at least it was Friday. Started cooking supper and decided to give the puppy a treat, got her a snausage and the dog choked to death. Dog had been alive 8 weeks and just dies on the middle of the kitchen floor. Now I have to figure out how I'm going to tell my step-kids their puppy (Christmas present) is dead. I did the one thing I knew to do I called my dad and asked for guidance.

Flash foward to a couple of hours and my "sister" came over to help us toast one to the dog. Then the phone rang, it was my dad. I found out at 8 pm on 2/11/2005 that my older brother Robert had been killed in Iraq. My world ended that day for a long time, I didn't care about anyone or anything because quite frankly why should I have. I can't tell you much about the coming days and weeks all I remember is a sense of dread and depression. I drank a lot, and I mean it A LOT. I went from drinking a 12 pack on a weekend to a 12 pack a day then started adding harder liquor on a daily basis.

I hate the Eleventh of February, always have always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment