Going to try something new (for me) going to live blog my reactions to the remake of the 1998 remake of Hitchcock's Psycho. Below is my take of the flick.
If you've never read one of my horror reveiws before at BrutalasHell.com or the deceased and deleted Southern Fried Horror (here on blogspot) I might as well warn you I get a little vocal about a lot of things.I am also in the minority of "all remakes suck" as sometimes (rarely) the remake is better than the original. The Thing & My Bloody Valentine are great examples (fuck you its my blog).
Below are the tweets as they come to me from my twitter account @WrestleZombie. Also as I'm hitting play I'm opening the first of probably many Pabst Blue Ribbons and if need be I have Captain Morgan on standby.
Indeed I am ready for anything this movie can dish out.
Hiting play on #Psycho now. May the #PBR be with me.
-10 cool points from #Psycho all movies should have the #Horsebird logo, even if they are not Tristar Movies.
Digging the opening credits for #Psycho. Movies need good opening music and credits.
12/11/98 I was in high school and couldn't see this movie I wasn't 17 yet and our theater was strict. #Psycho Factoid
Why is there a naked guy (complete with ass shot) and no naked Anne Hesch (yet?)? #Psycho
Had to go back and look but Viggo Mortensen has a trampstamp in #Pscyho.
Anne Hesch is asleep at the wheel. Never a good sign. She should check into a motel or something #Psycho foreshadowing
think they need to make a movie about the Highway Patrol Officer from #Psycho.
33 Minutes in and we finally get to the Bates Motel. #Psycho
34 minutes in and I'm on my second @PabstBlueRibbon #Psycho is as #Pyscho does.
Vince Vaughn as Norman Bates in #Psycho reminds me of Forrest Gump. Except he stabs Jenny in this.
"I like to stuff things' #Pyscho Um....okay
Its hard to believe that Vince Vaghn hasn't done more roles like Norman Bates. He almost has it better than the Original. #Pyscho
We all go a little mad sometimes...#psycho
@VinceVaughn1 Even after 14 years your role in #Pyscho is still awesome.
@ the Shower scene in #Pyscho (98) and it is completely ruined by Anne Hesch even her ass shot looks forced.
Okay so Hesche is dead at the 57 minute mark and there is 40 minutes to go. Thank God for William H Macy #Psycho
There is always a vacancy at the Bates Motel. #Psycho
If it ain't Gel it ain't Jello #Psycho
William H Macy has bit the dust. #Psycho
Third can of #PBR is gone, #Psycho is horrible.
Even though you know that Norman Bates is the Killer at least the remake keeps it hidden. #Psycho
Is this thing over yet? #Psycho
Thank you for explaining #Psycho to us.....a big Duh Moment.
Best part of #Psycho 1998? Other than @VinceVaughn1 is the credits.
Wow. Lets see confirmed body count 4 deaths (2 on screen, 2 mentioned). 4 Dead Pabst Blue Ribbons and 1 hour and 41 minutes of wanting to rethink my idea of doing this. Cant say this was any good. Vince Vaughn was excellant as Norman Bates not as good as the original but Anthony Perkins nailed it to begin with not much you can go beyond.
This was just a BORING movie and I don't see a lot of redeeming qualities. Nothing was changed from the original flick but the original flick had two things on its side. The time it was made this was legit horror as nobody was making movies like this and the fact that everyone knows Bates is the killer and his mom is a corpse. Its kind of like watching Friday the 13th and not knowing its Jason's mom doing the killing. Unless you've never seen a horror movie or you've lived under a rock there is just no getting around the movie is spoiled from the get go.
Also I really didn't need to see Viggo's Tramp Stamp.
You've Just Got Nailed and I'm Going To Get Hammered.
No comments:
Post a Comment